Methyl Balance, is ONOGEN™’s pharmaceutical-grade SAM-e (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) formula, specifically designed to support your bodies delicate inner chemistry and methyl balance. This advanced formula provides 400mg of pharmaceutical-grade SAM-e, key for chemical reactions involving liver detoxification (removal of toxins from the body), hormone balance, optimal immune function, neurotransmitter synthesis (mood balance and brain focus), and the synthesis of most sulfur-containing chemicals and body structures, such as the antioxidant glutathione and the cartilage essential to support joints and skin health.
What is it?
This advanced formula provides 400mg of pharmaceutical-grade SAM-e sourced from Italy, the purest, most efficacious, and safest source available, in an enteric-coated tablet.
How does it work?
- The enteric coating protects the SAM-e from moisture that may occur in packaging and storage. The coating also protects the SAM-e from being degraded by stomach acid, thereby allowing it to be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream via the small intestine.
- SAM-e has been shown in numerous studies to support a positive mood through its role in the synthesis, metabolism, and function of neurotransmitters.
- SAM-e is essential for normal, healthy liver detoxification, specifically processes involving methylation reactions which help chemically modify toxic substances into forms that can be easily excreted.
- Studies show SAM-e helps support healthy joint structure and function by participating in the production of important structural components of healthy connective tissue, including cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. SAMe is also important for encouraging a normal, healthy inflammatory response.
- SAM-e is required for the metabolism and balance of methylation and homocysteine levels (a compound that causes damage to the cardiovascular system)
- SAM-e is key for methylation balance which is essential for gene expression and telomere and DNA repair and maintenance.
What are the benefits?
- Promote mood stability
- Support hormone balance
- Improves body detoxification
- Improves joint and skin health
- Improves immunity
- Sarris J, Price LH, Carpenter LL, et al. Is S-Adenosyl Methionine (SAMe) for Depression Only Effective in Males? A Re-Analysis of Data from a Randomized Clinical Trial. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2015;48(4-5):141-144.
- Sharma A, Gerbarg P, Bottiglieri T, et al. S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for Neuropsychiatric Disorders: A Clinician-Oriented Review of Research. J Clin Psychiatry. 2017;78(6):e656-e667.
- Mato JM, Martínez-Chantar ML, Lu SC. S-adenosylmethionine metabolism and liver disease. Ann Hepatol. 2013;12(2):183-189.
- Najm WI, Reinsch S, Hoehler F, Tobis JS, Harvey PW. S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe) versus celecoxib for the treatment of osteoarthritis symptoms: a double-blind cross-over trial. [ISRCTN36233495]. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2004;5:6. Published 2004 Feb 26.
- Zhang N. Role of methionine on epigenetic modification of DNA methylation and gene expression in animals. Anim Nutr. 2018;4(1):11-16.