LEAN & RECHARGE
Lean & Recharge, is ONOGEN™’s branched chain amino acid formula, specifically designed to support lean muscle mass, increase recovery, decreased fatigue and promote muscle growth.
This advanced BCAA formula, combines Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine synergized with Vitamins B1, B3, B5, potassium and glutamine for enhanced absorption and utilization. Specifically designed aiming to support your muscle mass and metabolism during fasting periods, cardio or high intensity interval training, mixes easily in water and has a delicious natural watermelon flavor.
What is it?
This formula features a highly absorbable blend of BCAA’s: Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine that is synergized with Vitamins B1, B3, B5, potassium and glutamine for enhanced utilization. It mixes easily in water and has a delicious natural watermelon flavor.
How does it work?
- Provides the three branched-chain amino acids that are used preferentially by skeletal muscle for energy.
- Provides leucine, which is completely oxidized for energy in muscle.
- Leucine promotes protein synthesis in skeletal muscle.
- Supplementation with BCAA’s has been shown to decrease exercise-induced muscle protein breakdown, increase protein synthesis, and enhance post-exercise muscle recovery.
- When taken during training, BCAA’s decrease muscle soreness and the sensation of fatigue.
- Vitamin B1, thiamin, may enhance circulation, and can help with blood formation and the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B3, niacin, is required for cell respiration. It also helps in the release of energy, in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, to provide proper circulation, and healthy skin, with the functioning of the nervous system, and in the normal secretion of bile and stomach fluids.
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is used in the release of energy as well as the metabolism of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
- Glutamine is an amino acid that aids muscle growth by increasing levels of leucine in muscle fibers, inhibiting breakdown and encouraging muscles to store more glycogen, which makes them fuller due to the water that glycogen holds. It also is an anti-catabolic agent.
- Provides Potassium to enhance amino acids absorption and fasting beneficial peptides utilization.
What are the benefits?
- Supports lean muscle mass
- Expedites recovery
- Decreases muscle waste with fasting
- Decreases fatigue
- Enhances fasting benefits
- Promotes muscle growth
- VanDusseldorp TA, Escobar KA, Johnson KE, et al. Effect of Branched-Chain Amino Acid Supplementation on Recovery Following Acute Eccentric Exercise. Nutrients. 2018;10(10):1389. Published 2018 Oct 1.
- Choi SK, Baek SH, Choi SW. The effects of endurance training and thiamine supplementation on anti-fatigue during exercise. J Exerc Nutrition Biochem. 2013;17(4):189-198.
- Khan M, Couturier A, Kubens JF, et al. Niacin supplementation induces type II to type I muscle fiber transition in skeletal muscle of sheep. Acta Vet Scand. 2013;55(1):85. Published 2013 Nov 22.
- Wang B, Zhang X, Yue B, et al. Effects of pantothenic acid on growth performance, slaughter performance, lipid metabolism, and antioxidant function of Wulong geese aged one to four weeks. Anim Nutr. 2016;2(4):312-317.
- Mittendorfer B, Volpi E, Wolfe RR. Whole body and skeletal muscle glutamine metabolism in healthy subjects. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;280(2):E323-E333. doi:10.1152/ajpendo.2001.280.2.E323